Monday, August 08, 2011

borrowed words, Part Four


A few more ... lately I am especially appreciating the truth of the Seneca quote about process over product, and the one by Saint-Exupery about the web of our relationships; one thinks of the rose cared for by the little prince.  So many truths, so deep is life.

All the world's a stage
And all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances,
And each man in his life plays many parts.
     ~William Shakespeare

I flee who chases me, and chase who flees me. ~Ovid, The Loves, A.D. 8

The artist finds a greater pleasure in painting than in having completed the picture. ~Seneca, 1st century

We are what we love. ~Erik Erikson

Glimpsed heaven and hell are vastly more potent than they would be if they were somewhere in New Jersey. ~Dr. Frank Crane

We do not emphasize enough the sheer delight of merely being alive. ~Dr. Frank Crane

I like my pen and my pad of paper, and to see words grow under my hand. ~Dr. Frank Crane

The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings. ~Dr. Frank Crane

Man is a knot, a web, a mesh into which relationships are tied. ~Saint-Exupery

Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination. ~Voltaire


No comments:

Post a Comment

now, share your response?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...