Saturday, February 18, 2012

quiet waters



The Lord is my Shepherd:  I shall not want.
[Good morning, Lord.  I trust you with all my needs for this day ... ]

He makes me lie down in green pastures;
[ ... thank you for this rest on the floor for a few minutes while the children play outside, and my Farmer watches the needy one ... ]

he leads me beside quiet waters;
[ ... and for the quiet kitchen while I wash the dishes ... ]

he restores my soul;
[ ... it refreshes me to talk to you as I do my work today ... ]

he guides me in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.
[ ... This course is changing my life, Lord.  Thank you for leading me to it, and changing me through it ... ]

Even though I walk through valleys of deepest darkness, I will fear no evil -
[ ... yesterday was tough, Lord.  Thank you for being faithful even when I was not ... ]

Your rod and Your staff are a comfort to me.
[ ... I didn't really like it when You showed me my sin yesterday, but it's a comfort to me that you love me enough to train me, and I will thank you for your discipline as a proof of your love; I hope I've been trained by it  ... "God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness.  No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.  Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." - Hebrews 12:10-11 ... ]


You prepare a table before me, in the very midst of my enemies!
[ ... Thank you for teaching me to "feast" on You, Lord.  When I look for it, I am seeing that you do prepare a feast for me - even in the thick of my daily responsibilities - even when they crowd so thickly about me that they look like "enemies"! ... ]

You anoint my head with oil.
[ ... You care for me, meeting even my smallest needs lavishly.  Thank you for the lavender sugar scrub that my friend made for me; I feel so pampered when I use it, and the oil in it is helping with my dry hands! ... ]

My cup overflows; surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life,
[ ... I know I haven't done anything to deserve your love.  But I'm glad that you are Love, and that you faithfully stay with me, showering me with your goodness, showing me mercy every day ... ]

and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
[ ... I can't wait for heaven, Lord, but I'm so glad that you dwell with me even now ...  "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.  Now remain in my love."  -Jesus, in John 15:9 ... "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching.  My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." -Jesus, in John 14:23  ...  "And surely I am with you always, even unto the end of the age."  -Jesus, in Matthew 28:20 ... ]


                                                      Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

now, share your response?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...