Wednesday, July 06, 2011

rewrite

What are little girls made of, made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar, and Spice, and Everything Nice,
That's what little girls are made of!

What are little boys made of, made of?
What are little boys made of?
Snips, and snails, and puppy dog tails,
That's what little boys are made of?

Well, if you read little house on the farm, then you know that this poem inspired the blognames for my children.  It was so tidy with the girls, and lining up both with their birth order and their personalities, so it seemed a natural to dub our first son "Lil' Snip", in case we have two more and need "Snails" and "Puppy Dog Tails", you know.

But .... my Farmer has mentioned to me, as an aside, that while "Lil' Snip" may seem cute to the female readers (i.e. "a little snip of a thing", i.e. "small") ..... it may have different associations for male readers. He recommends a change.

So, anyone who knows the small boy in question, what think you?  Shall it be "Snails" for the little gentleman, or "Puppy"?  Or perhaps "Tails"?  ..... or maybe I need a different poem altogether for boys....

Help me out, gentle-readers, with a suggestion or two, if you would be so kind.  

for your inspiration!  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, but my vote is stick with "lil' snip". and I'm a female. I have no clue as to the negative images that snip conjures up in a male's mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with SN. I like "Lil' Snip."

    ReplyDelete

now, share your response?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...